Himalayan S.A.L.T. Décor™
SALT Chamber began using innovating the salt room design process and started using Himalayan salt, not only for its unique beneficial qualities, but for it’s amazing natural colors, hues and creative applications. Soon salt rooms were being designed and built using natural Himalayan salt materials creating soothing and relaxing environments. As salt therapy began emerging as a growing trend amongst spas and wellness centers, other applications for using our Himalayan salt décor began to expand to other uses such as wall treatments and flooring in various environments and spaces.
Custom Himalayan Salt Panels
- SALT Chamber has developed and perfected a proprietary method for manufacturing pre-fabricated Himalayan Salt Rock Panels.
- Our standard size panels are 22”x22” (almost 4 sq. ft.) and are hand-crafted and molded from pure Himalayan salt—they’re durable, safe and healthy.
- And you can breathe easy because they contain no VOCs, no toxic materials and no smells.
- They are both sturdy and can be easily cut and shaped to fit any installation.
- They come in a variety of Himalayan rock sizes and colors.
- We can even design custom shapes, logos and other sizes.
- They can be easily mounted directly onto walls with simple screws and can be installed with our special installation kit for backlighting for more dramatic effects.
- They are multiple ways to use them such as creating continuous, uninterrupted sculptural walls and unique patterns and designs.
- And best of all they can unscrew to move, rearrange or take with you.
Our showroom features a display of our Salt Panels and Bricks in both natural and back lighting settings.
“Now salt rooms can be built in hours not days, without any hassle, at a fraction of the cost with more benefits!”
Himalayan Salt Bricks and Tiles
Our Himalayan Salt Bricks and Tiles are not your typical salt bricks. We have learned from our own experience and installation projects that not all bricks are the same. Our bricks go through stringent quality production procedures both from the mines in Pakistan and here at our production facility to ensure architectural standards are met for structure, compliance, consistency of product, and color variations. This ensures that when you are on the job installing the brick system, there is little to no extra work involved with cutting, trimming and sizing the bricks.
- There are a variety of sizes ranging from 4”x 4” bricks to as large as 10”x 16” and everything in between.
- The Himalayan salt bricks are available in pink/amber color variations as well as the rare Himalayan white
- They come in smooth as well as rough cut finishes.
- These bricks can withstand heat and can be used as feature wall in dry salt saunas, however, humidity and moisture are not salt brick friendly so are not used in these environmental settings.
We have proprietary design methods for installing these bricks that eliminate the need for mortar or permanent construction. We also have developed systems to eliminate shadowing effects and hot spots from backlighting. While most designs are for full wall coverage of bricks, these installations cannot be prefabricated since on-site leveling and settling of the materials need to occur at the location. SALT Chamber does have some brick wall kits and frames for smaller sections of walls.
These bricks can also be used as flooring similar to pavers and are installed using loose Himalayan fine grain salt as elements of the floor design. Some installations can also be backlighted.
“We custom design salt room environments that are ready to install in a simple, easy method.”
Himalayan Salt Rocks, Boulders And Caves
- Create stunning and memorable sensory experiences for your customers with a Himalayan Salt Cave.
- Himalayan Salt provides a unique environment and helps create negative ions to invigorate your salt caves.
- Reduce stress, fatigue and anxiety with impressive and expressive surroundings.
- From small to large. Create your own unique spaces.
“We contacted Salt Chamber, who assisted us with opening the first fully-appointed Salt Room in private clubs in the Country. We have not only experienced very high satisfaction from our membership, but the addition of Salt Therapy has provided a new revenue source and excitement for our Spa“
Pamela R. Caldwell
The Club at Admirals Cove
Director of Spa, Salon & Fitness
Custom Himalayan Salt Panels
Himalayan Salt Mines
The Himalayan salt mines have vast chambers filled with natural occurring salt rocks and boulders in various sizes, shapes and configurations. While these are often cultivated to make the ever popular Himalayan Salt Lamps, these unfinished “raw’ salt rocks can be used as great accent and décor pieces. Likewise, similar to using other natural elements in rock wall masonry, these Himalayan salt rocks can be used to create unique spaces that resemble caves, grottos and other distinctive designs.
Why Himalayan Salt?
Many salt rooms use non-organic resin and adhesives with hand thrown applied sea salt creating a cave like environment. Typically, this salt has very little, if any, therapeutic benefit other than aesthetics. Alternatively we use Himalayan Salt to create therapeutic environments.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt
Research has shown that Himalayan Salt crystals have a particular kinetic energy emitting natural occurring negative ions that are proven to reduce stress and fatigue while supporting a better sense of well being.
*Complete installation kits are available including detailed shop drawings and installation instructions and materials.
Given the nature of the Himalayan salt materials, we custom manufacture our panels in batches to order for specific projects so accurate dimensions and ordering is important to guarantee the project materials are consistent and will all look the same since there are slight variation in certain size grains, chunks and rocks.